Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers’ business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an Assembly Line Manager at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports business line in Hamina. Assembly Line Manager works as the head of our Hamina production unit, which in addition to the Helsinki unit, assembles the Azipod® electrical propulsion units. You will be leading and developing safety, quality and productivity together with personnel. You will report to the Production Manager in Vuosaari, Helsinki and occasional travel there will be required.
– Day-to-day management, resource planning and production development.
– Active communication with colleagues in other ABB units.
– Budget, investments and on-time delivery of the Hamina production unit.
– Managing Hamina unit’s suppliers and partners.
– Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
– Several years’ experience in a similar position and a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree.
– Experience with heavy machinery assembly. Operations and project execution is appreciated.
– A proven record of successfully leading and motivating people.
– Clear communication, good organisational skills and ability to see the big picture.
– Fluent written and spoken English and Finnish skills are required.
– A good command of MS Office, experience in SAP is beneficial.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI69579576 by September 25, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.